Hey everyone I'm just getting home from our road game. We had a short road trip this time (2hrs) so it is nice to be home at a decent time. Even though we had a short road trip, today has kind of been a long day. Our game day routine for shorter road trips is very interesting. Here is a quick recap of today’s schedule...
•9:30 am: We depart Vichy in mini-vans instead of team bus
•12:00 pm: We arrive at the arena for shootaround which lasts an hour
•1:15/1:30 pm: We check in at the hotel for lunch
•2:30 pm: Report to our room for nap (coach is pretty strict about this)
•4:00 pm: Wake up call
•5:00 pm: Snack time
•6:15 pm: Departure to gym
•8:00 pm: Game time
Anyway about the game, well once again we ended up on the losing side of the scoreboard. I felt like we played well and put up a great fight but we had a rough third quarter that cost us the game. At the start of the second half we were down 2 with the score reading 42-40. At the end of the third quarter the score read 66-50 with us being down 16. The third quarter was ugly basketball. There were tons of fouls called on both squads but they manage to overcome the officials. I was whistled for my fourth foul so I sat on the bench much of the third period. During the fourth quarter we were able to make a run and trim the lead back down to single digits but we wouldn't get any closer than 8. I finished with 14 points and 3 steals. The loss ended all playoff hopes and our last game we be on May 11th. The good news is that we have the next few days off. Jen and I are planning to take our own little road trip. First we going to stop in Paris for a day or two and then visit the Normandy beaches. Before we return to Vichy we will visit Mont St. Michel.
This is all I have for now, thanks for tuning in. We will be posting about our road trip so check back soon. God Bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment