Sunday, November 14, 2010

Monte Carlo

Yesterday the team was playing on the road visiting Chalon while we spent the day hanging out in Monte Carlo. This beautiful little city in Monaco is just a short drive for us (2hrs). Famous for its wealth and celebrities, we thought we’d take a stroll down the fast lane. Arriving early in the afternoon we quickly learned that making a trip here means being prepared to hit the red carpet. Our first stop was the Le Grand Casino, the most popular destination in this area. We pulled up next to the casino and I noticed nothing but Bentleys, Rolls Royce, and Ferraris parked all around the front entrance. Judging by the look of things and us sporting a KIA Soul, we saved the embarrassment by hiding our car in the parking garage.

The weather was awesome so we spent the afternoon wandering around the area. Nothing but the best of the best in this area, I’m talking about Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc. you name it they got it. We spent majority of the afternoon window shopping just drooling over the items they had on display but someday we’ll be the ones in the stores while everyone will be looking at us. We also took the time to throw away our money gambling in the casinos. The casinos were similar to Vegas so there wasn’t much of a difference. We mainly just played the slot machines and there wasn’t a whole lot of luck for us. Well there was none since we came out on the negative end. Losing money is never fun but we had a great time. I guess it was nice to do something different. We didn't stay long in Monte Carlo because I wanted to get back to the apartment to watch the team online. But on our way home we decided to make a quick stop in Cannes for dinner. I guess it was a great way to finish off the day - also nice to have all these cool cities nearby.
 



The Victory…

The team came away with a much needed victory, winning 94-80. It was a great feeling at the same time a sense of relief. We played without our team’s leading scorer Rick while he is nursing a foot injury. It seems like the guys played really well, I haven't had the chance to talk with any of my teammates so I can’t go into details about the game. By the look of things I guess we improved a little bit on defense but we can’t keep allowing teams to score 80 points on us unless we are going to drop 90 every night. Our next game will be at home on Friday night against Strasbourg. Let’s hope this victory get us on a roll…

Shout out to the WSU Women’s and Men’s basketball teams on their victories – I stayed up way past 4am watching video live stream. Congrats to the both of them on their victory and starting the season off with the dub! I sure do miss playing on that court – I spent most of the day reminiscing about my playing days there. Ah long live the memories!

Before I get going I’ve got to give a shout out to the Badgers’ football program for handling business against Indiana; wow 83 points seriously! Also have to give a shout out to Iowa’s football program for once again choking at Northwestern. I got to give it to them; they keep finding a way to mess up their season against this team. My wife won’t be too pleased with me writing this! Alright time to end this post, till next time – love, peace, and happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger