Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

Allow me to reintroduce myself – at the same time reconnect you to my world. These past couple of weeks has been a roller coaster ride with some twists and turns that provided some scares. Instead of being focused on the game of basketball, I’m exhausted from battling the front office staff. From bad checks, to late checks, to not honoring the contract – it’s just a constant battle that had me feeling bitter. I won’t go into more details but I’ll just say the business part of basketball has been very unpleasant. With all my bitterness, I guess karma can find a way to get the best of you – this past week I suffered an injury that will sideline me for the next two months. I tore a ligament in my left ankle – no surgery is needed but for the next three weeks I’m walking around in a hard cast and crutches. The team has already announced that they are bringing in a player to replace me for the next two months. I can’t say that I am thrilled about that but it is what they need to do. I do know that I won’t be cut or released so I have no worries in that aspect. It’s weird because now that I’m hurt I don’t have to attend any practices or travel with the team on road. I’m just free to do whatever that is till I begin physical therapy. Despite all that happened I somehow see my injury as a blessing in disguise. I can get away from basketball to focus on myself, to focus on my wife, and enjoy this life that we have. Earlier I mentioned about me being bitter, well now it is time to get rid of all the negativity and just enjoy. This whole experience won’t be a smooth ride and I just have to take the good with the bad.

On the flip side we’re doing ok as a ball club. We are 2-2, winning two games at home and losing two games on the road. Both road losses can be credited to bad defense – transition defense and defending the pick and roll. If we can’t come up with a solution, defense will be our worst nightmare. Somehow, someway we have got to find a way to toughen up on defense if we are planning to be among the top in the final standings. Through the first three games I averaged 25 mpg, 8.7 ppg, 3.7 rpg, and 1.7 spg. Nothing flashy but I do my best to provide an energy boost for the team.

With France being all over the news I’m sure some of you are wondering if any of the strikes have affected us in any way. Thankfully, nothing has really hit this area beside a few small strikes along the downtown area in the city of Toulon here and there. There has been a rise in the number of gas stations that have closed down in the area due to the shortage. But other than that nothing has been serious. I think all of this is really interesting but I’ll let you be the judge – do you work a few more years to keep the country from folding or do you strike and watch the country fold???

Well folks that’ll be all for now – I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! Trick or treat, smell my feet, or give me something good to eat!!

As always…love, peace, and happiness – God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger