Wednesday, October 13, 2010

1-0!

We emerged from the weekend with a victory against Poitiers – the final score read 68-64. We didn’t exactly play great basketball but somehow we prevailed with a win. We didn’t execute as we have been doing all preseason, our offense was out of sync and our defense was average at times. But at crunch time it was our defense that won us the ball game. The team and myself just played out of character – too many unforced turnovers and too many missed lay-ups. We’re happy we came out with the victory but we know we could have done a better job. We held a 7 point lead throughout most of the game but we just could never put them away. We kept giving Poitiers opportunity after opportunity to make a run at us and stay in the game. Now that I look back on the game, it is surprising that they didn’t take the lead. I’m not trying to knock on my team but we played bad enough that we should have been dealt the loss. Odd thing is, during the game I never once felt we were going to lose the game despite our play. After the game, coach was bittersweet – happy we won but not happy with how we played. He knows we can play better and he believes we can do something special this year as a team.

More on a personal note, I finished the game with 9 pts on 4-11 shooting, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers. I did some good things and I did some bad things, I played the game overly excited. I think it was because my parents were here and because it was the first game of the regular season. I was disappointed with myself because I wanted to have a better performance for my parents. They were just excited to be there and see me play but I know next time in the future when they watch me play it’ll be better!

My parents flew back home yesterday and made it back safely but it was sad to have them leave. We had a great time and it was so much fun having visitors. Now I can’t wait to come home for Christmas and see them again. I posted some pictures below from their stay and from the game, I hope you enjoy them. Well it is about that time for practice – as always love, peace, and happiness!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger