Hey what's up everybody. Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for checking out the blog. Right now Jen and I are in the car driving down to the south of France for a weekend visit to Cannes. We played tonight (Friday) so we have the weekend off. Jen is busy typing while I share my thoughts
as I drive. We decided to drive part of the way tonight so we wouldn't have quite as long of a drive tomorrow. We are used to being up late so it's not too bad. We are both looking forward to a couple of days away from Vichy!
so about the game...tonight we played a team from Paris who was one game ahead of us in the standings. We got off to a slow start, especially on the offensive side. We didn't play with any intenstiy and let them push us around a little. Despite our poor shooting we went into the locker room only down five. I particularly didn't shoot the ball too well in the first half - I finished the half with 4 points.
We started the second half with high energy and were able to tie the game within the first minute of the third quarter and eventually took the lead. But the lead would contiune to change as we battled it out through the third quarter. In the mist of all that our starting center went down with an ankle injury and he did not return to the game. Our team is already depleted from other injuries and now we're down to a 7 man rotation. Even though we lost one of our starters for the night, we responded by taking our game up a notch. We turned the pressure up on the defensive side and that created fast break opportunities for us and we captailized off that. We pushed the lead to 15 points and never looked back from there and won 71-53. I contiuned to struggle shooting the ball the second half, so then I turned to what I do best and that was getting steals. I finshed the game with 11 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 steals. I was happy we won the game but was disappointed in my offensive performance. I was glad I could provide the team with my defense and created some easy buckets for us. Next week's game will be on the road and a long bus ride for us. We travel to the very northern part of France where we face Gravelines. They are a good team and third in the standings so we'll have to work hard to pull off this victory but it can be done!
Jen and I are pulling into the hotel and ready for bed. We'll post again on Monday and share our weekend adventure with everyone. Thanks again for checking in, God Bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment