Hey everyone… I just got home from the game and I’m not feeling too happy right now. Bad game by our team, we lost tonight making this 4 straight losses. We also lost on Tuesday but that game doesn't count against our record and it wasn’t an important game so guys didn’t give their best effort. We lost to a Pro B team and even though some of the guys didn't care about the result I did. It’s just annoying when we only play once a week and we throw away a game like that. I like it when we play more than one game a week – it gives me something to look forward to instead of having to wait until Saturday. On Tuesday we started the game off strong and had a double digit lead going into the second quarter only to let them back into the game and take the lead at half time and then eventually we lost the game by a few points. Sometimes this happens and I can accept that. It just gets a little frustrating when this is a continuous action. Tonight’s game was the same story we got a double digit lead but this time we kept going into halftime and then eventually lost it in the second half. The final score was 79-70. The team we played against came out in the second half playing zone defense and we had no answer to that and fell apart as a team. They definitely wanted the game more than we did and to make things worse this team is in last place in the league standings and haven't won a game since November. We had to let this team win against us! Now the joke’s on us as we're the laughing stock of the league right now. We are not playing good basketball and really struggling to finish games; our team chemistry isn't where it needs to be; we have too many guys pointing fingers, making excuses, complaining, and all the above. We just need to man up and stop with the complaining and excuses and play the game, and play the game like we want to win! I feel we can be way better than we are and but only if we allow ourselves to! Moving on, I played an ok game. I finished with 14 points 2rebs 1 assist and steal. Overall just not really impressive numbers. I didn't shoot the ball as well as I should have and sometimes that happens but I will be spending extra time in the gym all week working on that making sure it doesn't happen next week. Our next game is on Friday instead of Saturday and it's a home game. This game will be shown on TV here. I just wish there was a way to watch the game live on the web so you all can watch. Anyway it's a big game for us as we're playing the team that is one game ahead of us in the league standing and a game we need to WIN! I know I will be ready for this match!
Jen was able to make the road trip and will be posting her experience in the next couple of days - check back.
This is all for now. Enjoy your Sunday - God Bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment