Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Gotta Feeling...

Hey everyone, hope all is well. I got this feeling I needed to post again in light of my previous post. I was thinking about my last post the past couple of days and how negative I was. I think I owe myself an apology as well as everyone else. I'm the kind of person that can turn a negative into something positive regardless of the situation. I was out of character and I guess sometimes frustration can get the best of you and that was a prime example. I kind of bashed coach and portrayed him to be a bad guy when he is a good guy with a great personality off the court. On the court he’s different but hey that’s life. Instead of focusing on him, we as players need to focus on our game and working as a team because it is us who decide the outcome of the games. We just have to take responsibility and take care of our job on the court. This team was doing so well, exceeding everyone’s expectations. We had the best defense in the league and we were making a name for ourselves. Then the past month or so we have performed far below our abilities which cost us some key wins. I feel like we're throwing it all away, myself included. We worked hard to get where we were and it is hard to watch it all go down the drain. Personally I haven't been happy with my performances and I let that get the best of me. I just need to buckle down and make the best of it. So far this week I got myself off to a good start doing some extra workouts. Thanks to Jen for the help and the extra motivation! I just hope this can carry over to the game.

We still have a chance to make the playoff but it's going to take a lot of hard work. The hardest part is getting everyone on board. This weekend will be a great test for us as we play on the road against Nancy. We're going against a pretty good team with lot of great athletes so it will be a fun challenge for us. The downfall that is our frontcourt will be limited. We will be without our starting and backup centers and maybe without our starting power forward. If that’s the case, our frontcourt will be down to two players for the game. Not the best situation for us but I know we have it in us to overcome it. We usually respond well to adversity, so I'm really looking forward to the game...

Congrats to my teammate as he is expecting a baby boy this weekend. Check back on Sunday for an update on the game. Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger