Hi everyone – it’s Jen. Jonté and the guys hit the road this morning for their game against Nancy tomorrow night. So that means I have a couple of days to myself. I thought I would take a couple of minutes to blog about our night on Wednesday. Myself and one of the other wives organized a bit of a team outing. All of the guys and the wives/girlfriends went out to dinner and then headed to the bowling alley for a hilarious night of bowling. It was a really great night – and a much, much needed night. It was very fun to see everyone away from the gym and to get know some of the personalities on this team.
We started with dinner at La Médina, a Moroccan restaurant here in Vichy. Jonté and I both sampled the “signature” dish – which was called couscous. I had never even heard of that before – and if you haven’t either I’ll try to describe it for you. You start with a bowl of white rice and then you put some sort of stew on top of the rice. The stew has potatoes, carrots, squash, beans and maybe some other things in it. The last addition to the meal is your choice of meat. We decided to add a couple of different kinds of chicken, some hot sausage and some kefka (meatballs). It was very good – a little different – but very good. And it was so filling! Almost everyone at the table (all 16 of us!) had the couscous so needless to say no one left the restaurant on an empty stomach.
After dinner we made our way to the bowling alley. After figuring out what size shoes we needed – which was a challenge because we had to figure out European sizes! – we got ourselves onto some random teams to get our bowl on. Not everyone was skilled at bowling so there were plenty of gutter balls but there were also lots of strikes and trick shots. Most importantly there was a LOT of laughing. Not to mention dancing and trash talk. Get these guys off of the basketball court and they are still very competitive! Not that I mind though – because I am the same way :) I had the highest score out of the ladies – I bowled over 100 in both games! – and I was actually better than most of the guys. That tells you how bad some of them were! Jonté beat me in game 1 but I beat him even better in game 2!
It was a fun night – hopefully we’ll be able to do it again before we come home. I promise to post a bunch of pictures on Sunday. I forgot to charge up our camera battery so I had no camera :( One of the other wives took all kinds of pictures and I’m going to get them from her tomorrow night. All the ladies are getting together again for dinner, etc. On a sad note, the other girlfriend here that is from America is headed back to the states next week. I’m pretty bummed about that – she and I (and her daughter Kalyn) spend quite a bit of time together. We’re actually headed to the aquatic center in a couple of hours!
Good luck to the Dragons tomorrow night – I hope they play well and I hope my husband has a good game! Thanks for reading – hope you all have a great Friday!
Au revoir!

No comments:
Post a Comment