This past weekend was possibly the worst performance that I have ever delivered. It's something I don't want to get into details about. But I will say I was pretty upset and disgusted with myself after the game. I am more mad that I took the game for granted and that I didn't play with any heart. I may sound hard on myself but this is the game I love dearly and for me to perform the way I did is just unacceptable in my book. Every chance I get to play should be played to the maximum effort. I realize that there are many guys back home who would love to be in my position. To play the game of basketball and get paid to do it. To some guys this experience is all about the paycheck, but for guys like me it much more than just the paycheck.
As you can see, a lot of thoughts were racing through my head. I was trying to pinpoint what went wrong. The bottom line is I have no one to blame but myself. The positive thing is it was a learning lesson for me. I learn from my mistakes and it is time to brush it off and move forward. But I do know that I will never ever perform like that again. Now I have this extra motivation and I cannot wait for this upcoming game on Saturday. We will be playing against the top team in the league so I'm even more ready to redeem myself against a good team.
Life off the basketball court is great. We've been experiencing some great weather with lots of sunshine. Yesterday Jen was excited about the opportunity to lay out in the sun so she can work on her tan. Well, there isn't much for me to work on when it comes to tanning haha. But it sure did felt good to be outside. With all the good weather we have been getting it is making us more anxious to get back to the states. We will be flying out of here and moving back on May 15th (by the way I guess I should have mentioned that we lost on Saturday and are now virtually a lock to miss the playoffs). Hopefully we will be able to fly without any problems. I know it has to be tough for all those people stranded at the airports for the last couple of days due to the volcano ash. According to the news, the airlines are back up in the air which is good news. I hope everyone can arrive to their destination safely.
Well I hope all is well with everyone back home. Thanks for checking in and I will be back to give an update this weekend. Love, peace, and happiness. God Bless!

Keep your head up. You are a good ball player and all good ball players have an off day. But the better ones are able to come back from a game like that. I know you will close out the season on a roll and come home with that Jonte swagger. I'm glad the weather is nice there. I'll talk to you soon bro.
ReplyDeleteTM