Monday, April 5, 2010

A Tribute to Uncle Ted...

Unfortunately I have some very sad news today. My uncle lost his life to cancer this afternoon. Recently the doctors had given him a few weeks to live. I was hoping he could have held on long enough so I could have said good-bye in person. This is my good-bye...

Uncle Ted - I cannot communicate with you since you passed on to the other side. I'm happy that your mind, body, and soul are free from the pain. But I am sad I can't reach out to you anymore. Your presence will be felt everyday with memories I hold of us. For those memories I thank you. Each game I play will be dedicated to you along with Grandma Z. I will continue to work hard to fulfill the dream of you seeing me or Mike in a NBA uniform. I know you will be proud and watching as I continue this amazing journey. I thank you for all the laughter and smiles you provided my family and me.

Uncle Ted, I love you and you will be greatly missed.

"I am leaving you with a gift -- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." John 14:27


My brother Mike, cousin Teddy, Uncle Ted and me; Uncle Ted showing his Badger pride before one of Mike's games

My mom with cousin Teddy, Aunt Mary and Uncle Ted before Mike's game at Texas a couple years ago; Uncle Ted in the middle with Uncle Cliff and Uncle Delano at a Flowers family reunion

1 comment:

  1. Jonte' - Sorry to hear about your uncle Ted. Hope you guys are hanging in there. I know you are both looking forward to getting home, but I also know you have worked too hard to just "play out the string". Continue to take full advantage of the opportunity and keep working hard.

    I wasn't sure if you guys were up watching the Duke/Butler game last night, but I tried to call during the last timeout to predict that Butler would run The Picket Fence - wanted to make sure you two didn't get caught watching the paint dry :)

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger