Monday, April 12, 2010

A New Day

This past weekend we came away with a win at home against Strasbourg 74-69. The game was a physical affair that featured players pushing and shoving one another (I came away with a couple of bumps and bruises as I didn't shy away from the action). Additionally, inconsistency by the officials led to players and coaches jawing with them and one another but no technicals were handed out.

We started the game much better than we had in a long time. We didn't take the lead right away but we kept it close eventually taking the lead by three points to end the first quarter (17-14). We kept the lead most of the second quarter but Strasbourg was able to overcome us and take the lead. It didn't help that we missed a lot of easy buckets around the paint area. We had to be strong finishing around the basket because the officials weren't going to blow their whistle. This is where the game became a little more intense and a little out of control. Strasbourg was able to get out front, ending the first half with a five point lead (31-36).

We refocused for the second half and put together a nice run that gave us the momentum. We captured the lead and never looked back from there. We had a couple of players make some nice plays to help get us out front. I was able to give us a couple of baskets and cause a few turnovers on the defensive side. Other than that I didn't do anything special this game, just had a decent game finishing with 7 points. The more important thing is we came away with another victory.

We needed the win to stay in hunt for the playoffs. With the help from other teams around the league, we are now one game behind the eighth spot. We have four games left to go with the schedule playing in our favor but anything can happen on any given night. We just need to continue to take care of our business on the court.


With all that happened this past week, I'm really thankful for this opportunity. This made me think a lot about life and how precious it is. I think sometimes we all forget we have to live life to the fullest because you just never know when your time is up. With all that being said, I still wish I was back home to honor my uncle and be supportive of my mom and my family...

That’s all for now. Hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for all your support ~ God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Jonte' and Jen

    I wanted to share with you what I shared at Uncle Ted's funeral. It was an email from him sharing his wisdom as the "Simple Dude". After he learned of his condition, he started laying some heavy thoughts on friends and family and called himself "The Simple Dude". Each email used the word "simple" in the subject. This one is titled "A Simple Thank You" written the day before Thanksgiving



    Gratitude doesn’t get nearly the attention it deserves. It’s usually displaced by taking things for granted or the attitude that the world owes us something. Lately, I’ve been leaning more toward the advice David left us in that five-verse psalm that says, “Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise.” I’ve spent a lot of time recently going through the gate and in and out of the court, so naturally my thanksgiving has been flowing freely. In fact, I’m celebrating Thanksgiving today. I also celebrated it yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that…. I think more people should realize that every breath, every morsel, every day is a gift from the Master of the Universe and thanks are in order. I did. That’s why I’d like to thank you. If we’ve ever shared a drink or a smile, thank you. If we’ve traded serious or funny emails, thank you. If you’ve ever prayed with me, thank you. If you’ve ever had occasion to speak my name even though I wasn’t there, thank you. (It doesn’t even matter if it was good or bad.) And I’ll do my best to return the favor when I celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow. And the day after that, and the day after that….



    The Simple Dude

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger